1. The name of the Society shall be:- Whaley Bridge Allotment & Gardeners’ Society
2. The object of the Society is to benefit allotment holders and gardeners in Whaley Bridge and the local district and safeguard their interests.
3. Membership is open to allotment holders and gardeners in Whaley Bridge and district upon payment of the annual subscription.
4. Membership subscription shall be subject to annual review at the AGM.
5. Membership of the Society shall cease upon the member resigning or non-payment of the subscription after written application.
6. The Society’s Annual General Meeting shall be held on a date in November to be confirmed at the previous AGM
• A General Meeting, whether annual or extraordinary, shall be called by the Hon. Secretary, giving seven days written notice. Any proposition to be considered by the meeting shall be submitted to the Chairman in writing not less than fourteen days before the meeting.
• For the purpose of the General Meeting a quorum of 5 members shall be necessary
• At the General Meeting a resolution shall be passed by a majority vote upon a show of hands
7. The Annual General Meeting shall elect a committee of 9 members to include a Chairman, a Vice-Chairman, an Honorary Secretary, an Honorary Treasurer and a Social Secretary, each to serve a term of one year, upon being proposed and seconded – with their consent. At the end of their term of office, they shall be eligible for re-election.
8. The Society’s governing body shall be the Executive Committee, composed of the elected officers.
9. The Executive Committee shall have power to:-
• Co-opt and appoint sub-committees, experts to advise on specialist subjects and, should the need arise, replacement officers, such appointments to be ratified at the next AGM following the appointment.
• Liaise with members of the Town Council, or other landlords, in matters of inspection of allotments etc.
• Represent members, at their request, in any matter, or problem or dispute.
• Call an Extraordinary General Meeting, if necessary
10. The Executive Committee shall meet as necessary, when three members shall form a quorum.
11. The Society’s accounts shall be audited prior to the Annual General Meeting.
12. The Society’s constitution, represented by those rules, may be altered only by the AGM.
13. The Society shall be affiliated to the National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners Ltd.
14. If deemed necessary or desirable, the Society may be wound up at the AGM and any net assets shall be transferred or distributed as shall be agreed at that meeting.
15. In joining the Society, all members agree to be bound
by the constitution, as represented by these rules, and shall received
a copy of same.
|Annual Seed Order|
|Items for Hire|